As in years past, we don’t have a regular club meeting in August, instead we have a social get-together. On Saturday, August 22, we’ll meet at Pico Park in Grand Terrace. This is the same park we set up at for the Transit of Venus in 2012. Set up will begin about 4:00 pm and eating will commence after 5:00 pm. Our reservation ends at 8:00 p.m. Bring any kind of food you like, and everyone usually shares what they have. If you can’t bring food, we always need napkins, plastic ware, paper plates and beverages too.
- Astronauts are celebrating their own Summer Olympics in space (satellites, too)
- Astronomers propose 'SatHub' to address growing threat of satellite megaconstellations
- We could hunt gravitational waves on the moon if this wild idea takes off
- American Rocketry Challenge sees Portland school take 2021 championship
- On This Day in Space! July 28, 1851: First Photo of a Total Solar Eclipse